Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

(My Mom and sister got me this pretty, patriotic bouquet yesterday, and it made me smile! The two little mice are made by the Annalee doll co.)

All of this time battling this pneumonia has given me lots of time to think, and I got to pondering the Fourth of July and America, and this is the result:

"Happy Birthday My America" by Jenni, July 2,2011
Happy Birthday my America,

My precious, beloved homeland,

Your flag is still waving in freedom,

Upheld by God's Merciful, Mighty Strong Hand.

Happy Birthday, My America,

Though Scoffers and haters abound,

Though they've tried to ruin and destroy you,

They cannot prevail, or tear you down.


Happy Birthday My America,

You were founded on Freedom, and Reverance, and Love,

And though some try to force God from Your shores,

We still cling fiercely to the Nail - Scarred Hand from Above.

Happy Birthday My America,

Though You have been stomped on, battered, and torn,

Patriots are still dying to preserve Your Freedoms,

Still protecting the land where those Freedoms were born.

Happy Birthday, My America,

May You stay Strong, and Happy, and Free,

We must never forget where you came from,

Or the God that gave Freedom to Thee!

God Bless America! Land that I Love!
I hope each of you has a wonderful July Fourth!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem!!

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! The poem reflects my feelings, there are so many that want to take God out of America, but of course you and I know He is America's only Hope!

    Thanks for the good wishes, and for stopping by today!

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Poem. Sorry I'm just now reading this! LOL My computer is currently down...I'm at a dear friend's house now and she offered her computer to me this evening to check my blog and email. Hope you had a Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete