Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Good Old Summer Time...

Doesn't this glass of Iced Tea look refreshing?? Iced tea is my absolute favorite drink, and I really crave it during these hot Summer days. The good news is that we have been getting some rain over the past few days! Praise the Lord! I have mentioned several times on this blog about Texas being in a terrible season of drought. We have been praying for rain continually, and I am so thankful that those prayers have been answered these past few days. God is so Good! We were so happy to see those rain drops, you would have thought diamonds were falling from the sky, instead of water droplets!! Today, I had that old song: "There shall be Showers of Blessings" on my heart!! I definitely couldn't sing it, as I am still so hoarse from all of that pneumonia..... I sound like a tone - deaf frog with a sore throat, haha! I am really on the mend now, though, Thank the Lord! And I got to go to Church Sunday to both services! And I got to play the keyboard and Worship my Lord! Oh my, it was refreshing and strengthening, and made my heart overflow with joy and gladness! There is no place in the world like the House of the Lord! And when one has been forced to stay home due to illness, one realizes just how precious a priviledge it is to go to Church..........
My sister and I were blessed to Pet Sit for our friends Kathy and Tommy over the weekend, and we enjoyed it so much. My heart is still grieving the loss of my darling Jazz, and so I just hugged up these pets whenever I could, relishing their furry, warm little selves and the unconditional love they lavish on us humans.....
I hope each of you has a wonderful, joy - filled week!
Jenni

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni! that iced tea looks so good, it's been so hot here I can't stand it. I'm not a summer person so I look forward to fall and winter. I'm so glad you finally got some rain there, it's supposed to rain here but not exactly sure when as it's in the forecast for the next 4 days.... so far just super hot and sunny :0/ I'm so happy to hear you were able to go to church and are feeling better too! Have a lovely day friend! hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Jennifer! Goodness, this has been one hot, long, Summer! I'm thankful y'all are getting some rain, too. I always say my favorite months of the year end in "ber"... as in September, October, November and December..... the air cools a bit here in Texas, and I just get an energy surge.
    Thanks for stopping by, and you have a lovely day, too, dear friend!
    Hugs!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete