Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ah, School Memories...

My Friend Tara has been posting lots of the cute antics that her (very entertaining) kids have been up to since starting the school year. It got me thinking back to my own kinder days....

My beloved Grandfather was such a jokester and cut - up. He could enter the room and have everyone in stiches in no time flat. He had some Native American blood in him, (Cherokee), and so he thought it a great joke to tell me all about the "Indian" in his family.

I went to kindergarten so excited about my "new knowledge!" I told my teacher (per Papaw) that my grandfather's mother was a "Handsaw" Indian, his father was a "Hacksaw" Indian, and that made him a "Chickasaw" Indian!!!

I can still see my teacher's face as she gently tried to correct me, and I told her that she was wrong because if Papaw had said it, it must be so! (Teachers don't get paid nearly enough, do they?) **Smile**

Good 'ol school days....

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenni ... Thank you for taking the time to visit me at Southern Lagniappe, and for leaving such a sweet comment.

    Your blog is beautiful and I enjoyed your story about your beloved Papaw. Thank you for sharing that sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog always brings me joy! Thanks for taking the time to check out mine, and also for commenting!

    ReplyDelete