Monday, September 6, 2010

What a Happy Labor Day

Today was a great Labor Day. I got to sleep in, WooHoo!!! Then my brother - in - law, who is our "GrillMaster" LOL! barbecued brisket and ribs and sausage, my sister made her yummy baked beans, and we brought the other side dishes and deserts. They live right across the street from us, so we had quite a tasty procession of food going from our house to theirs! Dishes of garlic mashed potatoes and corn - on - the - cob, and pecan pie and coconut meringue pie were eagerly toted across to the "feast".

Our friends Kerri and Robert, and their darling son Robbie came, and we had a wonderful time visiting with them and eating entirely too much. My sister and BIL's huge Catahoula Hound dog "Camo", and their cat "Mr. Tom", seemed to enjoy themselves as well, with Camo draping himself across Robert's lap, in between begging (with large, soulful eyes) for scraps. Mr. Tom had a grand time with Robbie, too. Kerri had brought a platter full of watermelon, pinapple chunks, and cantaloupe, which I really thought tasted so good, because I LOVE fruit, whether it's in salads, pie, or just freshly cut into big 'ol juicy chunks.

Today was such a good day! It made me so thankful for our friends, and for my family as well; and for the good and gracious and wonderful Lord who brings all of us together. He was our treasured and honored guest, of course, for He is always present when His children gather in His beautiful Name...

7 comments:

  1. Now I am hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! couldn't resist talking about the yummy BBQ feast we had. It would have been absolutely perfect if only y'all had been here! Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm drooling. That sounds so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, it was sooo good! Wish you all could have been there... that would have been perfect! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds delicious! We also grilled! Very nice and relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad y'all got to relax. And Labor Day is just made for "grillin'up" some yummies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm! Everything was so yummy. We enjoyed visiting with ya'll and meeting Camo. Bobby and Robby are still talking about Camo.

    Bro. Aaron did a fabulous job on his smoked ribs, brisket and sausage. Robby ate to his hearts content on those Ribs.

    Kim made the best baked beans I have ever tasted and Sis. Sandra's mashed potatoes were awesome and Oh my her coconut pie was delish. I so wanted Robert to forget that piece of coconut pie in the refrig the next day so I could have it, but he didn't.

    We had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete