Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Inspiration from God's Word

This morning, around 5:30, I woke, and spent some precious moments with my Lord... There is no better way to begin the week! My soul was refreshed, and strengthened, as I talked to the Master. How wonderful to know that He cares about every little detail in our lives, whether big or small. Actually, to Him, they are all small... because He is so Great... He is our Mighty Powerful God, who cares even when a little sparrow falls from it's nest and lands on the ground!

After prayer, I read from 1 Kings chapter 17. My goodness! What a chapter about our God's faithfulness when we are obedient! It is not a very long chapter, but it is packed with encouragement and strength. Three scriptures were especially encouraging to me this morning:

1 Kings 17:14 - 16

14: "For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.

15: "And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.

16: "And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah."

How Mighty is our God! And how blessed we are to know Him! I am reminded of a song that our church choir sings: "There's no God like our God!"

I think I will try to read chapter 18 later on today or this evening. It is about the prophet Elijah on Mount Carmel... and tells of how our Lord defeated and confounded the false prophets of Baal. I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. The Word of God is powerful!!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the older I get, the more dear the Word of God becomes to me...

    I think we have more life experiences to relate to the scriptures as we grow older...and we have our own stories of God's miraculous provision woven into the fabric of our lives...For whatever reason... the Bible just grows sweeter and dearer and more precious to me every day!

    Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read from 1st Kings 6 to Tammie and Lucas this morning of the prophet and the chariots of fire that were surrounding them to protect them and it was so encouraging. Thanks for your post!!
    Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So y'all are reading Kings, also? Neat! Isn't our God Awesome, and isn't it uplifting to read of His mighty Power? I'm going to read the whole Book now, I think!

    Awww, and y'all are reading to Lucas from the Bible...traing him up right!

    ReplyDelete