Friday, September 24, 2010

I will trust, and I will follow...

Just sharing my heart with you a bit before I go to sleep... there are several things going on right now in my life that I do not understand... Have you ever driven down the highway at night in a thick fog? You knew for certain that things were all around you, but they were shadowy and indistinct. The fog was obscuring the landscape. It's hard to make sense of things and get your bearings when that happens! That's how I feel at the moment.

A thought just occured to me, however, and I believe it was put there for me by the Beloved of my Soul, because things are never foggy and confusing to Him! He knows the end from the beginning... and, He has my best interests at heart.

Here's the thought: "I will trust, and I will follow."

It's as simple as that.

My mother tells of a time when she and my dad lived at High Island Tx. and they had driven over to Baytown for something, and stayed late. On their way home, as they traveled through the southeast Texas marsh country, a terrible blanket of fog rolled over the road and made vision nearly impossible. It was scary for them, because the fog was so thick that it made seeing the on -coming traffic very difficult. They could not even see the center line on the road to tell if they were drifting into the opposite lane... Dad had to slow to a crawl and crack the door a bit and peer down to see the center stripe. They drove like that for miles, with Mom tensly looking ahead, and Dad trying to see the line and look ahead... but, with God's mercy and protection, they finally made it home.

With God's mercy and protection and help... and by leaning on Him, I will make it through this fog, too.

I have heard Ministers preach that if you don't know whether to go forward, or back, or to the side, "Stand Still"... and wait on the Lord... Just now, I am reminded of this scripture:

Exodus chapter 14:
13: "And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

14: " The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace."

So, I have a strategy, thanks to the Lord Jesus. I will trust and I will follow, no matter what... and I will not rush about with worry and doubt... I will instead stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment