Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thoughts From a Thirsty Soul

Hello, dear Friends of my Heart... In these early morning hours, I've been thinking, praying, seeking...for my soul is thirsty... Oh so thirsty... for a drink from the well of God's Spirit that will never run dry...  I am reminded of David's profound, annointed words in the beautiful Psalm 63.  It's a Psalm that I have prayed aloud to my Beloved many times....

PSALM 63

V1: "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

V2: "To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.


And I have been thinking about Altars...Altars held such special meaning in Biblical times, to the early Patriarchs... and, they still have very deep meaning to us, today. Jacob built many Altars, and each led him to greater Fellowship with God; one of the first things Noah did after leaving the Ark, was to build an Altar to God...

There is a very beautiful song that has been on my heart for the last several days...and I'd like to share some of the lyrics with you.

"The Altar of God"  by Nancy Grandquist

I'm going back to the altar...where I started out;

Seems I've forsaken concecration... forgotten, Holy Vows;

Send down Your Fire, Lord...Cleanse me within, without;

At the altar... the altar of God...


Verse 1: My heart, was so deceived... to think, I wouldn't need;

The Power of Your love, to strengthen me....

I was, so far away.... I grew cold, I didn't Pray...

But now I've turned around, and I'm Going back,

To that Holy, Sacred Place......

My Soul is stirred this morning...Oh God! Help me to get back to my Altar of Personal consecration....Shut away from the World...in Your Holy Prescence.... in sweet Communion and Fellowship with You....I'm longing to go deeper...to get closer, to draw nearer...I've been there before... and there is no place like it...nothing in this world can compare to the Beauty and Value of having a Daily altar of Prayer...I'm going back to the Altar. Precious Friends...Won't you go back, too? 

2 comments:

  1. You are truly a Woman after God's own Heart, Jenni, and so refreshing to me.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue! Your friendship is Precious to me... and you are such an encourager! Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment...

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete