Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Pretty "Sign" of Spring

I had this nice, thick square of green and white cardboard, and hated to waste it, or throw it away.....

So I thought, hmmm..... what can I make with it???


So I took a trip to Hobby Lobby and Michaels for some pretty scrapping paper, Prima flowers, and ribbons...... and then added a K and Co butterfly, and some lace that I been saving, into my crafty "pile"..... and got to cutting, glueing, and tying....... and I had fun!


This is the first thing I've done like this.... and I see things I should change if I do another one.... but I have gotten lots of ideas for the future, plus had fun crafting away.....


I think it looks Spring-y, and I just LOVE the bird's nest... don't bird's nests make you think Spring??


Hmmm... wouldn't a Valentine's one be pretty?




Thanks for visiting!


Hugs,


Jenni












10 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni! That is soooo pretty!! You are very crafty! Yes, birds nest definitely remind me of spring, my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobbi! Thanks for visiting today.... I got so tickled over Gracie's photo on your blog today.... my goodness... she has the most expressive face and eyes...

    And I'm glad you got to enjoy those precious grandkids...

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, jennifer! especially for your first time!! I enjoyed myself at hobby lobby today too, getting valentine's decorations, although nothing this nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Davina! I'd love to see what you bought at Hobby Lobby... Wow! I could have went crazy in there, they had so many pretty things...... I just love going there...

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had much fun crafting. :) I'm not much of a craft person, but I so appreciate people like you who have the talent to make things looks so pretty and attractive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Madame Mara, for the encouragement... and it was lots of fun! I have found crafting is a great way to "de-stress". When I am concentrating and making something pretty, it just relaxes me...

    And I admire and appreciate you, too, dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! how pretty this is, Jenni, and would love to see what you would do for Valentines Day. I enlarged the photos and was so amazed, at your talents. You are truly gifted, my Mom is like this, she sees something and an idea just pops in her head and she will get busy and before you know it she has created some beautiful treasure.
    Thanks for sharing, enjoy your weekend,
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, Sue! And your Mom is amazing... I love when you share pics and news of her on your blog, and I am always thinking: "She is so fiesty and strong... she seems like a much younger woman!"

    Thanks for stopping by, dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenni! That's pretty! I love all the lace and ribbons very springish :o) I would love to see a valentines one...Now your getting me in the mood for some crafting :o) Have a nice weekend! Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there,Jennifer, if I got you in the mood to craft something, Yay!

    You go girl.... and I can't wait to see whatever your talented self comes up with!

    ;0)

    And I hope you and your family are having a great weekend... Please give hugs to the pupsters and kitties for me!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete