Sunday, January 22, 2012

It was a good day...

I enjoyed making this Valentine's hanging sign for a friend, today....


How was your Saturday? Mine was a good day.... I did several things, went to the library, shopped with my sister, washed my car, crafted a bit.... but the best part by far was going to the Church to pray.... How I love God's House! and how precious are the moments spent with Him... there is just nothing like being in the Presence of Jesus.... there aren't any words to describe it, really.... it's Peace, Joy, Happiness, Love.... and so much more! He is my best Friend, my Comforter, my Life!


This past week Habakkuk chapter 3: 17, 18, 19, have been on my mind....

17: "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

18: "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19: The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments."


Aren't these scriptures beautiful? They are reminding me that no matter how difficult or how bad things may be, I can still have JOY! Because the LORD God is my strength and He is my salvation! It also reminds me of that old song we used to sing: "the joy of the Lord is my strength" do you remember that old song?? if you do, go ahead and sing a little bit of it! ( I dare ya... Smiles) And let the Lord give you Joy.........

5 comments:

  1. Hello my dear friend Jennie, I sing to our Lord very often, I just make up my own words and it makes me feel good. Yes, he is our salvation and I couldn't live without him. I tell him this is his home, he lives here with us and makes my life a happy one no matter what my problems are. Think I told you my husband had a stroke, well we could of not made it without him. Valentine hanging is adorable. Blessings...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! jenni I almost jumped out of my chair when I read these verses, they are some of my favorite and I put them to memory many years ago, and have drawn of them so many times since. Thank you for sharing, and I am so glad you had a wonderful day,
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy there, dear Lu and Sue! Singing to the Lord and remembering verses like these always strengthens me and uplifts me... and Sue, these are some of my favorites, too... along with Joshua 1:9, and Isaiah chapter 41:10.... well, I have lots of favorites.. there's a special one in Daniel that God gave me during a trying time that comes to mind, as well...
    And yes, Lu, I remember you mentioning your husband's stroke... and you are so right... leaning on Jesus is the only way to get through such a difficult time as that....
    God is so good to have given us His Wonderful Word!

    Thank y'all for stopping by! I appreciate your frienship more than I can say... I hope both of you and your families have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenni! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and a beautiful time in church. You did such a nice job on the valentines hanging, love the color red! I'm sure your friend will just love it! :o) Enjoy your week, Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, sweet friend, Jennifer....
    Hope your week is full of joy and happiness...

    Hugs back at you!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete