Saturday, October 15, 2011

A "Wild" Fall Basket



(Click on photos if you'd like a closer look)
Hello, dear friends of my heart! My Goodness, how I have missed blogging! I have still been assisting my Mom with my Grandmother after her hip replacement surgery, staying with her, fixing her breakfast, monitering her blood pressure, and making sure she takes all of her medicines. It has been a big job, but I am so happy to do it, thankful to take some of the load off my Mother, and thrilled and greatful that Grannie is making progress.

I have tried to make time to visit some of my favorite blogs, because I enjoy y'all so Much! but I am embarrassed over how long it's been since I actually posted!

I thought I'd share some photos of the brown Basket I "fancied" up last night, with Ribbon and Floral picks from Michael's Holiday collection.... the brown basket and the feathers are from Michael's, too. It's for my Pastor's Wife; we are celebrating Pastor Appreciation tomorrow evening after Church with a dinner, and each family is supposed to bring an appreciation card to honor our wonderful Pastor and his dear wife. This basket is for holding the cards, and I hope my Pastor's wife likes it!
Some News: My mom just left with my sister and brother - in - law; they were taking their big ol' catahoula dog to the emergency vet. They had taken him for a walk, and he "attacked" a stone bunny rabbit in a neighbor's yard, and knocked two of his front teeth out, and messed another tooth up!! he was bleeding quite a bit, and I could tell he was hurting, poor lambie! I would say that rabbit was one bunny he couldn't get the better of!! He succeeded in completely knocking one of the rabbit's ears off, though! LOL!

I hope each of you has a most blessed weekend! Remember, God Cares!

Jenni





11 comments:

  1. Beautiful basket, Jenni! I'm glad your Grannie is making progress.
    Let me get this straight... the dog attacked a stone bunny?? I am so sorry, and hope the dog's okay. This is one of those> It's really funny but it's really not - things. Right?
    I hope you're having a beautiful weekend, and that your Pastor appreciation celebration goes wonderfully this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobbi! Yep, it was a Bunny made out of cement!!! And it is really realistic looking.... I guess in the dark, poor old Camo thought he had happened upon a real flesh and blood Bunny rabbit!!

    And you are right, it is really funny.... but at the same time I feel awful for him.... you would love old Camo. He is a good boy.... but he sure wasn't very bright last night, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Miss Jeni, what is so "wild" about your fall basket? Tee hee! I think it's simply gorgeous!

    I'm glad that your grandmother has you and your mother to support her. That must be a blessing to your grandmother, though I know it has to be difficult sometimes to do all that work. I just pray things continue to go well.

    Lastly, I couldn't help but LOL that a dog attacked a bunny rabbit made of stone! What was that poor dear thinking? Well, I hope he's recovering from his "accident." :)

    Take care Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous!!

    Thinking of my beautiful one you made me last year......in storage. Sure hope I have a house before fall ends. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, Madame! I thought the Cheetah print ribbon was Wild..... and thanks so muich for the compliment and prayers and well wishes.... you are a dear to think of us!

    And Camo attacking th stone rabbit will go down in family history as pretty funny... believe me! And yes, he is doing much better....

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Sis. F! And I hope you have a Beautiful house soon! I had such fun making those things for you, and I am so happy you liked them....

    Take care, dear friend, you are in my prayers!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome, Soraya3! Thanks for stopping by....
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenni! Thank you for all the lovely comments you left me, you always make me smile :o) I'm sorry it takes so long for me to visit lately. There's been too much going on here and not enough time in a day it seems....I hope your having a nice week and I also hope your grandmother is doing better. Make sure you and your mom are getting a little rest in to :o)
    The Dog beat the tar out of a cement bunny lawn ornament? oh my gosh...that poor pup. I don't know if I should laugh or cry for him...LOL! I hope he's on the way to mending. The basket is beautiful and I love the feathers and that big bloom...like I said, your so talented you should sell your things on Etsy :o) Well it's been a long day and I'm exhausted so it's early to bed for me. Have a nice evening! Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, precious friend! Yes, I have had a happy week... we are still in revival at church, and that has filled me to the brim with Joy! And PEace!

    Grannie is doing sooo much better, thanks for thinking of her! and we are trying to rest some, too...

    And girl, that crazy dog.. hehehehe!!! He is something else!And we did both, laughed and cried.....you would love him, I know, since you are an "animal person" like us!


    Thanks for the comments about the basket, especially since Mom and Iw ere just admiring the things you make by hand that you share on your blog like those awesome chocloate bunnies... Whew! Good thing Camo did see one of THOSE! hehehe!

    A big old hug back at you,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I meant good thing Camo DIDN'T see your chocolate bunnies....... or that would have been a disappearing rabbit for sure!
    Hee!

    ReplyDelete