Friday, October 21, 2011

A Fall - Bedecked Piano





(Click on photos if you'd like to take a closer peek)



As most of you know, I love to decorate my old antique Piano for the Seasons... it is battered and scarred and scratched, but much loved! My family has had it since I was twelve, and my sister and I learned how to play on this beloved old instrument....



A couple of weeks ago, I shared a picture from last year's Fall decorations with all of you... and I finally got around to finishing it this year! So of course I just had to show y'all what it looked like... Now, I haven't had time this year to do as much as I usually do, (I am still helping take care of my Grandmother as she recovers from hip replacement surgery) but I did get a pretty light up pumpkin made of twigs and orange berries from Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago... it was on sale, too, WOO HOO! And then I bought a pretty Fall Candle ring and plunked the pumpkin right in the middle of that, and centered it on the top of the Piano.... the swag with lights and the Bows and other decorations are from last year....



It was pretty low key and just took a few minutes, but I had fun, and it was a break from all the "serious" stuff I have been doing lately.... (that's one reason I love to make things and decorate... they are such a relaxing escape from the everyday, aren't they??)



So what have you all been creating lately?? Please share! And I hope y'all's weekend is Beautiful!! It's just starting to get cooler here in Texas, and we are LOVING it!



Hugs,



Jenni

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, Your piano looks just beautiful!! How nice that you still have the same one that you and your sister learned to play on. Hope you have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni :o) I love that Pumpkin with the butterflies fluttering about it. I enjoy seeing all your pretties. I like to escape from the everyday have-to's to my crafting want-to's...LOL! I won't be decorating for halloween this year, we have too much going on and if I want to decorate for christmas I need all the time I can get. It seems like this year went by so fast or was it I was just busier this year than last...oh well...Have a nice weekend and don't work so hard :o) Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Bobbi! thanks for the compliment, and I think it's neat to hang on to the one my sis and I learned to play on.... many's the time Mom would say "I don't hear you practicing your lesson... you better start right now...." and now, I am so glad she did!

    And I hope your weekend is lovely, too!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jennifer! you are right, this year just FLEW by, didn't it?? goodness... I can't believe Thanksgiving and Christmas are almost here again! Wow! And I am looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations... they are gonna be beautiful I know!

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete