Monday, October 31, 2011

Chubby Squirrels



(Click on photo to get a close up of this overweight little guy)


We have been feeding the squirrels with deer corn, and over the past few days, I've noticed they are enjoying it a little too much. They are so cute, and start running in from all over the yard when I call them. But, I am afraid they may need Weight Watchers! They are also very messy eaters. I guess Mama Squirrels don't stress neatness at the table! But the good thing is that the doves (who are also getting plump,) clean up whatever pieces of corn they leave behind. Their is one particular squirrel that I have nicknamed "grandpa tubby" that is really overweight! He is so funny looking, because he has tufts of white hair that stick out from behind his ears. ( I think he looks a bit like grandpa munster!) He is too sneaky for the camera right now, though, and always runs away when I try to snap his picture.....

I hope each of you has a blessed week of peace and happiness!

6 comments:

  1. Too cute!

    Love the new fall stuff on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sis. F.! That squirrel is built like me, hehehehe.

    Glad you like the Fall theme, too.

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirrels are so cute, Jenni, and they will keep you busy feeding them, ours keep the birds from the feeders.
    I enlarged the photo of your little guy, and he is sure healthy looking. I do enjoy all creatures that God has given us.
    Love your new fall design.
    Thank you for your visits and for your sweet words of encouragement.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Sue! The DO keep us busy feeding them.... they are greedy little "rats" hehe. But fun to feed and watch nonetheless.... I am like you. I love Nature and God's creatures and creation... there is always something to delight in when we take a look at His handiwork, isn't there?

    thanks for you kind comments, dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny. Oh, I think squirrels are adorable.. but this brought back a bad memory for when I was walking Gracie tonight one was squished on the sidewalk and had been there for a few days. I studied it before I actually could figure out what it was... then I told gracie.. 'poor squirrely friend..'
    I hope you're having a great week!! Still praying for your Grannie.. hope she's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bobbi... haha! I know I am laughing at that poor old squirrels expense, but your sense of humor cracks me up.....

    thanks for praying for grannie, she is doing much much better!

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete