Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Bitter with the Sweet

It's the early morning hours... I was asleep, but woke up a little hungry.  Now, I cannot sleep if I'm hungry! Don't know about you... but if my tummy isn't happy, I may as well forget it!  So I went to the fridge and found a snack I LOVE.... I can't resist Strawberries...I was in strawberry heaven this Summer... my sweet Mom knows her girl, and kept me supplied. LOL! Only, Strawberries in the Summer have a sweeter taste....Sometimes I just wash them and eat them... Mmmm....

It is now November, though.... and THESE strawberries needed some help....they were a bit too sour.... so I added some strawberry yogurt and that was pretty good.....and it reminds me that if we trust the Lord, he can bring Sweetness, Peace, Joy and Hope to every bitter disappointment or hurt that we face in our lives.....

This has all made me think, precious friends...do you have something from your past, an old hurt that you think is healed over, but every once in a while, it makes itself known to you all over again.....it's like a wound you thought had healed up, but then the scab gets knocked off and there is fresh blood to cause you pain.....

This happened to me recently.....and so I shared it with my Lord throughout yesterday... and in these morning hours, too...everytime that hurt feeling rises up in my heart... I tell Him all about it! His Shoulders are big enough, and strong enough to bear the weight of the entire world, after all....so I don't have to deal with this all alone....This reminds me of an old song called: "Bring All Your Needs To The Altar".... "Bring all your needs to the altar... bring all your needs to the Lord.... He is so willing, and able to help you... so bring all your needs to the Lord"

The Lord has also brought a Precious Scripture to my remembrance... Psalm 147:3 "He healeth the broken in heart,and bindeth up their wounds."

I've found in my Lord a real Hiding place... so many times I've run to Him, when things get a little hard to deal with, and He NEVER disappoints me... He helps me cope, Comforts me, and lets His Beautiful Peace that passeth all understanding fill my Soul and Spirit....Here's another beautiful scripture: Psalm 61:2-3 "From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy."

Is there something that's bothering you today, dear one? If the answer is "Yes", please think about what I've shared with you, ok? You are NOT alone in your painful situation... Jesus cares about you! You may wonder "Well, if He cares so much, why did this pain have to come into my life in the first place? Why didn't He just stop it from happening?" I Certainly don't have all the answers, (some days I don't feel all that bright, actually) but  I can only say that we live in a fallen, sinful world, and God gave mankind freewill to make choices...and those selfish sinful choices that are made affect those around them... inflict pain, hurt, and sadness...The Beautiful thing is, we don't have to deal with the aftermath or the consequences all by ourselves... Our loving Father is always waiting to help us pick up the broken pieces....He loves you and me SO MUCH! 

Tell Him about what you are dealing with, and ask Him to help you....and then, tell Him again whenever it bothers you....He loves you and wants to help you with it, I promise!

Wow... I had no idea I would say all of that....sharing this with you has actually helped me with my situation....and Jesus has brought Sweetness to this hurt...in the form of Scriptures, Song, and sharing with you, my precious friends....

I'll be praying for the Lord to strengthen and help everyone that reads this post... Hugs, Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jen. I needed this. :) So thankful for a gracious, loving Lord & friends like you.

    ReplyDelete