Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Peace from His Promises


 Elections make me nervous!  I cringe in these uncertain times when the results are declared...and I must say the results of a certain Governor's Race gave me a sick tummy..... because I see the direction in which our Country is moving..... I am reminded constantly of the fall of ancient Rome.... and of a certain fiddler that played a merry tune among the flames as Rome, that great city, burned....but, you know what?? When I start feeling despondant over the way things are going, I remember precious Scriptures of Hope and Encouragement!  I'd like to share some with you.... these are the ones on my heart right now...

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Mark 4:39 "And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Now I'm Smiling, Dear Friends- of- my- Heart.... Why Worry?  HE has it ALL in Control!  Aren't you thankful for the Bible?  It can Comfort and Strengthen with "exceeding great and precious promises" as 2 Peter 1:4 says....

No comments:

Post a Comment