Friday, November 22, 2013

Thankful Thoughts


 Thanksgiving Day is so close, dear friends... So, I'm thinking Thankful Thoughts today!  When I stop to really muse and ponder the things for which I am thankful.... the list is overwhelming!  God has been so GOOD to this Girl....letting me be adopted into a family that would take me to Church from the time I was a year old... and into adulthood...

And they taught me about Jesus... and they loved me and fed and clothed me, and made sure I was educated...and they spoil me rotten to this day!  I am soooo thankful for my parents... I am quite generous with the hugs and telling them I love them.... I want them to know how much I appreciate and cherish them!

And I have a wonderful Sister and Brother in Law, whom I adore....and darling pets....Camo and Lily and Mr. Tom... on which to love and hug....

And I have the sweetest, kindest, Godliest, smartest and most wonderful friends anyone could ever have....

And I have a wise and loving Pastor and his wife... who really care about the condition of my soul.... and are doing their best to help me make it through this life and into Heaven.....

And, the list goes on and on and on.... (and I will be sharing more later this week)

Most of all, I am Thankful for my Beautiful, Wonderful, Amazing, Holy God.... Jesus Christ.... Who loves undconditionally, and gave His own life in order to save mine!  Lord, I thank You, with everything within me for all You have done for me....

and another thing, on a lighter note... this clutzy girl was feeling very un-lovely one day this past week.... (do you ever have one of those days?) and an adult student told me "Jenni, You are such a dainty, feminine lady! And you have such a beautiful life!"  Oh, dear friends.... that lifted my spirits so much... it was a comment that came at a much needed time...So, I am thankful for precious students and friends... that can see beauty in me, even on my "clutzy/absentminded/un-lovely" days....when I am so much more a caterpillar instead of a butterfly....

And I am thankful for my precious young student Talayna... who gave me a turkey she had made for me from a bottle of glitter... with tail feathers made from cutouts in the shape of her dear little hands..... (I will share a photo later this week)  this is, I would imagine, the sort of thing Moms receive all the time.... but not being a mom myself, it is DOUBLY precious to me when I get something like this.... made with love by a dear little person God has blessed me to know.....

And I am thankful for each of you that has taken the time to read my ramblings....you are kind, and I appreciate it!  Have a wonderful weekend!
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment