Friday, May 17, 2013

Food For Thought

This a picture of a meal I enjoyed with friends a couple of years ago.... doesn't it look good?  Or I guess it does, if you like chicken spaghetti.....LOL!

Our Church is in the midst of a Wonderful Revival... We are seeing God do Amazing and Mighty things every single service!!! And God has been talking to me, dear Friends....He has given me much "Food for Thought"!!!

I mean in terms of my Prayer Life..... There was a time when I couldn't wait to get into my Special Prayer Place to Commune with Him.... I had a set time and tried to keep it Faithfully... I would get lost in His Sweet Prescence.... and time didn't mean much to me there.....What Precious, Sweet Hours those were to my Soul....

Now, I haven't stopped praying over the last year or so.... I still try to talk to the Lord and read His Word every day..... But.... Where is the passion, the devotion, the singleness of heart??? Oh God! I want it back!!! I miss it with everything that is in me.... Yes, He has stilled touched me with His Merciful, Loving Hand.... but have I given back to Him as fervently and willingly as before???

If we don't get enough nourishment from our daily food intake, it won't be very long until we lose our strength and become listless and weak.... and even sick..... and, if this continues long enough... we might even die!  I need to remember that my Prayer Life is the same way...... it doesn't matter how busy or tired I am.....I MUST have Spiritual nourishment if I am gonna make it in this wicked World that we live in.....

So, This week I have tried to spend precious moments with Him... Stopping by the Church and seeking Him with all my heart..... and Oh my Friends...... it has been Wonderful and Joyeous!!! What Peace from Heaven has filled my Soul!!!!

Now, you all know that as a musician... Songs have a lot of meaning to me..... they Speak to my heart a lot.... and this is the one that has rolled over and over in my mind this week:
"Sweet Hour Of Prayer" by William W. Walford

Sweet hour of Prayer,  Sweet hour of prayer
That calls me from,  a World of Care
And bids me at my Father's Throne
Make all my wants and wishes known.
In Seasons of distress and grief
My Soul has often found relief
And oft escaped, the tempter's snare
By thy return, Sweet hour of prayer

1 comment:

  1. Love your post, Jen. I needed to read this. Life gets TOO busy sometimes and I must re-focus. Love you & happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete