Monday, April 15, 2013

Roses and Prayers for Boston

I thought I'd post a photo of our friend Jack's roses... as a sort of token of my thoughts and prayers for the people of Boston.  Like all of you, I was shocked and saddened by the news of the terrible act of terrorism that happened at the Boston Marathon....

At times like this I think of  Psalm 46:

1: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2: "Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
11: "The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." 

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims.... and my hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ..... He is my refuge, my strength, my peace, and my strong tower..... 

4 comments:

  1. I felt such sweet peace and calm when I read your post. Thanks for sharing it! My thoughts and prayers are also with the families who have experienced such pain and loss. Even so...come quickly Lord Jesus. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and I love your new background too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, dear friend....speaking (or reading) His Name bring Peace, doesn't it? And thinking on His Word... reading scripture, also Comforts us in times of stress...

    Even so come quickly Lord Jesus!!! Those words are becoming more and more real to us, aren't they?? We don't belong here, do we?? We "Seek a country.. who's builder and maker is God".... and the longer we stay, the more troubled this world becomes.... the more homesick we get!!!!

    Luv you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenni, yes I will still visit you and leave comments :-) I'm just not going to have my blog anymore. I thank you so much for your comment that you left me, yes we are friends and you have my email too so if you want to chat just send me an email any time. Thank you for all your kindness and putting up with all the drama....I hope to have peace now :-)
    My heart goes out to all the people effected by the bomb, this is just so sad . We need prayer more than ever. Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete