Sunday, August 28, 2011

Some Weekend Ramblings....

(I enjoyed watercoloring and glittering this card this weekend.....)

Goodness! I had quite a weekend, how about you? I ended up having to go to the Urgent Care Clinic on Friday Night, and received a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot, as well as a round of antibiotics for ten days. These nasty old sinus infections just make you miserable, don't they?? And then I fell on some cement on Saturday and tore my shin up and ripped part of my big toenail off, OUCH! Just call me "Miss Klutzy" and I am not kidding..... I have been klutzy all of my life, and my Dad says I will not have a spine left intact by the time I am 45 years old....... I am thanking the Lord for open - toed shoes, today, too, by the way.....

I got to go and visit my Grandmother in the rehab facility, and met some of the other elderly ladies there.... one found out I play the piano and begged me to play so sweetly that I could not refuse. Such a little thing, and it made her so happy. It was my priviledge to do that for her......

My sister and I went to Hobby Lobby and Michael's on Saturday afternoon, and I got supplies for some new Fall "Crafty Creations". I hope to be able to share them with you later this week. I hope each of you had a wonderful and happy weekend. The best part of my weekend was today, when I got to go to my Father's House..... And He met me there, and let me know He loves me, and is holding my hand in His. His hands are really big, and they have nail - scars in them..... I love my Father's hands.....
I hope this week is full of peace and joy for each of you.......
Jenni

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni, ouch! is right....I ripped a toenail off once to and it hurt so bad :o( I feel for you. I'm glad to hear your grandmother is doing better and I bet all the ladies enjoyed your beautiful music... that was so nice of you to fill their day with a special concert. Can't wait to see your new creations, I always enjoy your pretties...I think this week will be filled with peace and joy for sure...Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Jennifer! Girl, you aren't kidding... when I fell and scrapped that toenail all the way down the side of a tall cement curb, it bled a lot and I just trembled from the shock and pain.....

    I didn't even realize I had hurt other spots, 'cuz all I could see was that!
    But I think I'll live, now, hee hee.
    I sure didn't think so, after I soaked in hot soapy water and then doused it with alchohol, though! :0)

    Thanks for visiting, dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Jenni, this sounds like my perils, well sorta. I know about those sinus infections, Hope you are feeling better.

    You playing piano for those sweet ladies was a "BIg" thing, I am amazed at how and when God chooses to use us for His Glory.

    I went to Hobby Lobby Saturday, and had so much fun looking at their fall stuff, and even bought a few things.~grin~
    Thank you for sharing, and stay safe.
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sue! I am feeling better, thank God! And Girl, I could have bought soooo many pretty things at Hobby Lobby! It is one of my favorite places to go and just look and enjoy... (The sales clerks know my sister and I by name, too, hehe) And in Michael's, too..... Smiles!

    I love Fall... and I think we are longing for it even more this year with all of these burning hot, dry days.....

    Have a happy day, precious friend!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenni! Poor you!! I hope you're feeling better. I've always been a bit of a klutz myself... and the older I get the more klutzier I am. Sinus problems are something I deal with as well... here's what I find has helped me: Mabis Steam inhaler. It's a pain... but i do it almost every morning (it takes about 5 min) and it keeps my head and sinus clear. It was the best $60 I ever spent and that was a few years ago.
    Hope your having a beautiful week, my beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey bobbi, you're right, the older I get, i am getting klutzier too, and more forgetful, hehe.

    I've used the water pik with salt in it to flush the sinuses, but haven't tried the steam.... will have to try it! Thanks for the advice!

    And I hope your week is beautiful, too, dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wait, I DID use steam years ago, to help my voice, and I think it DID help my sinuses.......

    guess I'll have to do it some more!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete