Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"The Enemy of Time"

Praise God! The Houston area is getting some RAIN!

Have you ever tried to pray or read your Bible, and a thousand thoughts will crowd into your mind..... and you'll start thinking about this or that, and before you know it, you are completely off track???? Or you'll think of some chore that you just have to do right this minute.... but strangely, it didn't feel so urgent until you stopped to spend time with the Lord! Well, I got so fed up with that, last night, that I felt stirred to pray about using my time with God wisely.... and then I thought: "Hmmmm..... maybe I could come up with a slogan or sentence about not letting my mind wander when I pray.....I could type it up, and hang it on my dresser mirror where I will see it every day, and it will remind me to fight for my time with God; to keep the enemy from stealing it!" So I asked the Lord to help me come up with something...... and this is actually what came to me. Goodness, I wasn't expecting a Poem, but it encouraged me, and I hope it encourages you, too......


"The Enemy of Time"



The enemy is a robber,



your time he loves to take



He wants to keep you busy,



so Godliness you will forsake



He is thrilled to get you distracted,


and get your mind on other things



Especially when you are spending your time,


Talking to the King of Kings



Oh God help me to never surrender,



my precious time to him



For there is so little time remaining,



we're so close to this journey's end



Help me to take back my Time, dear Lord



these fleeting moments, so precious, so few



And return them to thy keeping, Lord,



Dedicating each moment to You






6 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT, JENNI! These words the Lord gave you and will help you to stay focused, and me too. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, precious friend! I am so glad it encouraged you.... and it is still helping me tonight, too.... I am thankful Jesus let me think of this poem, because prayer is a priviledge I am so greatful for, and I want to stay focused and remember that!

    Most of the things I post on here are for my benefit, or something that I need, so when someone else says it encourages them or helps them in any way.... I get SO ENCOURAGED!

    Thanks again!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni! Thank you so much for your caring words and encouragement, not only for the problem I ran into but also the posts you write that always brighten my day ...I prayed for an answer and one did come, in the form of all these amazing people... asking me not to stop blogging because of what others do. usually I run from bad situations but this time I didn't and I can't help but think someone was looking down on me :o) I'm blessed to have you as a friend...Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jennifer! I am so thankful stopped by to share today....and I was so happy you decided to get back online. And, Oh my goodness! If we only knew just how MUCH He loves and cares for us.... I know He heard your voice, (and mine too, when I called your name in prayer)

    I think it gives Him such joy to hear us, and I believe that His ears are ever tuned and listening for just the faintest whisper from us.....His beloved Creation.

    I am blessed to have you as a friend, too, Jennifer, and I am thankful.

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem! Definitely God inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful to see you on here, Sis. Flowers! And thanks for the lovely comment....

    Love y'all so much!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete