Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"...therefore have I hope."

Lamentations 3:21 -26 is encouraging my heart today.

21: "This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22: It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23: They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24: The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25: The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26: It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD."

5 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that we have that hope in Jesus Name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Tammie! In a world that seems, every day, to be sinking farther and farther into hopelessness, our Precious Savior is always with us, to make sure that we don't lose our hope. Just saying His name brings comfort. I speak it often throughout the day, and it never fails to breathe peace, joy, and hope into my soul...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have hope, when trouble comes my way....since Jesus has come to stay...when things aren't well with me. I have hope such a beautiful hope that sets me free." Love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Tara! It is so awesome that you posted the words to that song. I have been singing it for three days now. Wow!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read your comment, after having sung it for three days, it was like the Lord was reminding me yet again to keep having that "beautiful hope that sets us free!"

    ReplyDelete