Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Connor-isms"

My friend Kathy has the most adorable toddler named Connor. He has curly auburn hair and pale skin, and his eyes just sparkle with intelligence and mischief. He is a bundle of energy-in-motion, and his smile can melt your heart in an instant. His family sits near us in church, and it's often hard not to laugh at his antics, because he never fails to entertain! He does love to worship the Lord, though, and sings and claps along with the music with all of his heart.

Tonight in church, after the singing, the minister asked if anyone wanted to give a testimony of what the Lord was doing in their life, and I stood to give mine. I am believing the Lord for healing, and was feeling much better after having had the preacher pray for me during the a.m. service. I was relating this to the church, and then mentioned what one of my doctors had said. I heard a little voice pipe up "Monkeys!" and then some soft mumbleing, and I finished my testimony and sat down. I didn't realize that Connor was the one contributing to my praise report until after the service, when Kathy came up to me and told me what he had said.

It seems he has been learning the song about the "five little monkeys," and when he heard me say: "and the doctor said," he thought I was talking about his song, so he finished up the sentence for me: "and the doctor said, no more monkeys jumping on the bed!" When Kathy told me, I cracked up, and said:"it's a good thing I didn't hear everything, or I never could have finished my testimony!" That is just one example of what will surely be many more "Conner-isms" that this little guy will come up with to make his family and friends smile.

4 comments:

  1. Hilariously cute! :-) Love our little Connor man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable story...makes ya giggle a bit....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy,you would just melt if you saw him! He's a darling!

    ReplyDelete