Friday, March 2, 2012

Joy in spite of Circumstances....

(This was a neighbor's yard decoration at Christmas... can't believe I forgot to share it with y'all in Dec... but it works with how I am feeling today!)


I am feeling so happy today.... and I know what it is... it's called "the joy of the Lord"! I was diagnosed (yet again) with pnuemonia... this time it's in my right lung..... and I'm not feeling my best physically...had a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot and pills...
BUT!
The Joy of the Lord is my strength.......
and I have Peace that passes understanding!
I'm so thankful today that the joy, peace and happiness I feel in my soul..... is not predicated by circumstances.... because it's given to me by my Wonderful, Amazing, Loving, Wise, God...

One reason for joy.... no matter the circumstance.... is promises such as this scripture on my heart today: Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; For I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isn't God good? And I know with certainty He will bring me through this pnuemonia.....

10 comments:

  1. I don't have any doubt that He will bring you through this my dear friend. I love how you love the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobbi, there's a song we sing at my Church "I've got a feeling everything is gonna be alright" and that's how I feel today....

    Thanks for stopping by with encouragement....

    Big hugs for you, dear friend!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that you are sick , Jenni, I will be praying for you. Please take care of yourself. God is our refuge and strength.
    Much love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for praying for me, Sue dear! I really appreciate it....

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. O, I am sorry for you. Illness is terrible but when the Lord is with you yo're not alone.

    Love the last bible-verse, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, there, new friend Indy... thanks for the encouragement!

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi sister passing to ask you this..im hosting a bloghop on tuesday im trying...we all are busy people but this way we can get to now other blogs too..its simpel just link up any devotional or something you want to share..you will see it at my blog just follow the instructions your adress will not be shown..help me here if you can...you can also pass the html from the linky to your own blog if you like...thank you so much if you do..you can link craft whatever you like..thank you again..loves soraya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jenni, I am so sorry you are doing so well. Prayer is the answer and that is what I will do for you, dear friend. Hugs...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dear Jenni, just came back hopeing you were feeling better, but see you are not posting yet. I will continue to pray for you and I am sending you special blessings...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, sweet friend Lu! I appreciate the prayers, and am doing so much better!

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete