Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What a Lovely Spring Day

( I created this card using Colorbok's Beatrix Potter Flopsy Bunny stickers, and papers from the Mademoiselle stack, as well as some cut outs from K and Co.)
I made it for a dear friend who has been ill. I hope it brought a smile to her face.......

I want to dance

I want to Sing!

Because it's

Wonderful, Beautiful Spring!


There! I got my silliness out for the day, hehe! But goodness! It was such a lovely Spring day today in this part of Texas.... after days of rain, the Sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the breeze was gently blowing.... how I love days like this. My heart is happy, too, because one little skinny, bald, boney, scared and timid squirrel I have been feeding (and praying for) is looking chunky, and her hair is growing in. She used to have big bald patches near her arms, and the hair on her back was falling out, too.... it made me want to cry! Plus, the fat, older squirrels would bully her away from the food. Well, I have been making sure she is eating, and she looks so much better...... What can I say? I am such a sucker for animals!

I bought some pretty flowers at Lowe's tonight.... some pink Pentas, and a hanging basket filled with multicolored impatiens...... I love impatiens and vincas (periwinkles) because you can't kill them. They are tough little flowers...... we have them every year. Around this time every Spring we start getting "Flower Crazy" tee hee! We want to buy every flower basket in sight! Hopefully we will just get what we can take care of this year..... because we lost a lot during the drought of last Summer.... it was sooooo difficult to keep up with watering everything...

My health is still doing much better, Praise the Lord! He is so good to me! I hope you are all doing well, too...... and I hope the skies are sunny where you live, and that the breezes are blowing softly, and the doves are cooing in the trees around your house......but most of all, I wish you Peace.....the Peace that Jesus Christ alone can give..........














11 comments:

  1. Thank You, dear friend!

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni, I am so glad you are doing so much better, it seems we both have had some health issues this year, but God has been so faithful to Us. I too am so much stronger, and am able to get out and work in this beautiful weather we are having like you.
    Your card is beautiful, I adore Beatrix Potter's work. Did you see the film about her life, I forgot the actress who played her, but I loved it.
    Your choices of flowers are some of mine especially Vincas, they are so forgiving when I neglect them. ~smile~
    Well, dear friend I must go, enjoy your week end and take care of yourself.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Sue! So GLAD you are better, too. And I love Beatrix Potter.... I want to go to her beloved Lake District in England so badly... that would be the trip of a lifetime for me! I've enver seen the film about her, but I have always adored her work!

    Thanks for visiting, dear friend.
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny! I am so glad you are feeling better. You were in my prayers much!! Don't we just love this time of year? Have a beautiful weekend dear, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bobbi! Spring and Fall are my two favorite times of year... I love the change in the air as the seasons change... and here in this part of Texas, Spring and Fall are the times when the weather is most pleasant... in the Spring it is not as terribly hot and humid as it gets as the SUmmer wears on.... and it's not as mosquito - y, either! Some years those little buggers are AWFUL here on the Gulf Coast!
    Take care, dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and thanks for the prayers....
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenni! I'm happy to see your feeling better :o) The bunny card is so sweet, you did a beautiful job on it. I will bet your friend just loved it! speaking of cooing doves, my pair our back this year! they sit on top of my roof and the sound they make brings me smiles, they also tell me spring is here which means I won't be getting anymore snow :o( but that's ok, since I do enjoy flowers in the spring and summer just not the heat...well I hope you have a terrific weekend, take care for now! Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post thanks for sharing...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi friend i have start a new blog i had too...had too much anonymous as followers wich i dont now...the delete option wont work..but here i am hope you join me...so we dont loose contact...sorry my blog the battle of the good faith is being deleted..you can find me at http://yeshuahamasiach.blogspot.com/

    God bless you

    loves soraya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, sweet friends Jennifer and Soraya! Hugs!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete