Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Don't Forget - The Lord Fights Our Battles!

Sometimes, when the enemy comes against me, I forget that I am not fighting alone! A few moments ago, the Lord reminded me of the vast resource of help, power, and strength available to a child of God. It is hard to comprehend, but oh - so - thrilling, and most of all, TRUE! We have the God of the universe - mighty and all powerful ready to fight our battles for us! (If we will seek Him and trust Him and be obedient to Him)

We must also always remember that He never has and never will leave His children defenseless and alone; He loves us, and is as close as the mention of His Name. Here are some scriptures that are really encouraging me today:

Psalm 138

3 "In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul."

7 "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me."

8 "The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands."


Psalm 108

13 "Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies."


Psalm 91

7 " A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee."


Psalm 118

6 "The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?"


Joshua 23

10 "One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you."

No comments:

Post a Comment