Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Comfort from God's Word

I have found such solace, such comfort in God's word. It never fails to amaze me that whenever I am going through a trial, there is always a scripture, a passage, or a chapter in the Bible to help, encourage, and strengthen me. Isn't the Lord good?

Here are some scriptures that are encouraging my heart today:

Joshua 23:10: "One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you."

Psalm 121:

1 "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore."

4 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I needed that today! God's Word is always on time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's an "On time God, Yes He is!" His Word is so powerful, it truly is "Wonderful Words of Life"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it beautiful how many songs are taken from scriptures, or are completely made up of scriptures? And you feel the power of those words when you are singing them, and they linger in your mind throughout the day. "Total Praise" has always been one of my personal faves.

    ReplyDelete