Monday, February 4, 2013

Another Song on my Heart Today

           This is a photo of some ducks in a pond near my Aunt's house....they are not worried.... they trust the One that created them and holds them in the palm of His hand.....


Every day it seems there is more and more to worry and fret about, doesn't it?  If you listen to the news or read the internet, you can get pretty worked up!!!  And that doesn't even have anything to do with the personal worries we carry, about our own lives......

Oh, but there is SomeOne who is ready and waiting to help us bear our burdens and cares, if we will just Ask Him To......

I've had this song on my heart yet again, today.....


"His Eye is on the Sparrow"
      by Civilla D. Martin

Why should I feel discouraged,  why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart be lonely,  and long for heav'n and home
When Jesus is my portion,  my constant Friend is He:
His Eye is on the Sparrow, And I know He watches me.....

I sing because I'm happy,  I sing because I'm Free
His Eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.....

"Let not your heart be troubled", His tender Word I hear,
And resting in His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears,
Though by the path He leadeth, but one path I may see:
His Eye is on the Sparrow,  and I know He watches me....

Whenever I am tempted,   whenever clouds arise, 
When songs give way to sighing,  when hope within me dies....
I draw the closer to Him,  from care He sets me free:
His Eye is on the Sparrow, and I know He watches me!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard this song before, but I certainly like the words. They are very comforting. It's always good to be reminded to place our trust in Him when we get in those "worry wart modes."

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE that song! Thanks, Jen, for posting THIS post. So timely. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni, I worry and fret enough for the whole world at times...sometimes I just need to hand it to God and let him help...he always seems to make things better in one way or another. I haven't heard this song before but the words are beautiful :o) Thank you for always visiting me and making my day! Hugs and Love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete