Saturday, July 7, 2012

A little bit crafty...



This is the finished product
 

This is the shade before photo, cute, but you know me!
 
Hello dear friends!  As you know, I have been busy, working, and also sitting with my grandmother day and night, as she gets stronger after having been in the hospital.  So I haven't had much time to enjoy crafting.... but I was finally able to do a little bit the other night as she slept..... so I thought I'd share the before and after photos with y'all..... 
I wanted to add a night light to my bathroom, and knew what I had in mind, but couldn't find what I wanted, so decided to come up with my own style..... I ordered a plain green gingham checked shaded one from Ebay..... it was from a  great store called:  Handmade With Love by Cathy..... and was cute just as it was...I got awesome service and fast shipping, too...  I decided  to add my own touch to it, though, and so added some beading to the bottom with hot glue, and "gussied up" a red ribbon rose pin I had got from Meadowstreet.com...... and glued it to the shade..... I was happy with the results.... and it was fun to craft something again!
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, and that the week ahead is rich with reminders that God loves you!
Hugs,
Jenni

6 comments:

  1. Thank youuuu, Dahhhling! (tehe!) Luv ya bunches,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose you added to the lamp shade is too cute. You are blessed with the talent of decorating by using your craft skills.

    I'm glad to hear that your grandmother is getting stronger, amen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous Jenni! You are so crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I love these little night lights, Jenni, you did a Fantastic and beautiful job! I so admire ladies who are so gifted with their hands, and you are one of those gifted ladies! Thanks for sharing, Praying for your grandmother and for her care givers.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni that night light turned out adorable, must look so nice in your bathroom. Glad to hear your grandma is getting stronger. I like the name Sebastian, thanks. Hugs, Lu

    ReplyDelete