Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Some thoughts............

I am doing better with this flu thingie.... thank God!  No more fever....  And thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts... you, dear friends, are truly nice and caring people!

On a different note, I don't think I've ever had a sore throat that hurts as badly as this one does.... and I am not kidding... my jaws are tired because every time I swallow... I automatically clench my teeth... it hurts that bad!

my throat is bright bright scarlet red, too????  This is wierd, huh??? Needless to say, I am going to the doctor's office today at 4:oo......

Goodness!  I really want to post some new pics to the blog, but I have been affected by whatever Blogger says they are trying to correct.... you know, where the browse feature thing is not available to retrieve photos from my computer??

I surely wish they would fix it, 'cuz I have such a sweet pic of Miss Lily with a pink scarf around her neck....

I hope all is well for you and your families... and that you are healthy!

I am thinking of Psalm 46 today... verse 1 says: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  I'm going to go and read this entire beautiful strengthening chapter..... my heart is heavy, because you see, my Brother - in - Law lost his mother yesterday...... and she was a Pastor's wife, and a dear and Consecrated Lady...... and I feel priviledged to have known her..... but I am sad for him and his family..... I am not sad for her now.... she is in a place of total peace and rest in Jesus........but I am sorrowful for those that remain here without her!

I am thankful we can lean on the Lord always.... any time of day or night...... He IS a "very present help in trouble"!!!!!!! 

Hugs,
Jenni 

4 comments:

  1. Gosh Jenni... I have not been here to visit in a while, and it seems you have not been well. Ugh! I have been praying for you every morning, but I was mostly praying that you didn't get that nasty pnemonia like you so often seem to get. I will have to focus on you having the flu and ask God for healing from that.
    I hope to see that sweet picture of Lily in her scarf soon :-) Gracie says hello. Get better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you get to feeling better REAL soon!!! Praying for you, dear friend. I sure wish BLOGGER would get everything FIXED TOO! Got some things to share myself and it just ain't no fun without pix. :) Hope Aaron & Kim are doing all right...inspite of the circumstance. Love yall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni, so sorry you are sick with the flu, so many folks have it, hope we don't get it. Trying to stay healthy but it's been so darn cold here, at night has even gotten to 30's during the day upper 50's, no wonder everyone is getting sick. Well I had a birthday and we wet to a beautiful restaurant overlooking the marina, also a wonderful store with all handmade items that one of my daughters just discovered. We had a great time. The post before the one you saw has a pic of me when I was 16, oh to be young again. Prayers for you...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Your sore throat sounds very painful, indeed! I once had a sore throat that hurt, badly, every time I swallowed. Fortunately, it went away. I do pray that you'll feel better soon. I'm sorry to hear you are enduring such pain.

    I'm also sorry to hear about your brother-in-laws mother. It's always hard to loose someone we love. But, I do praise the Lord that she's resting safely in the arms of Jesus.

    As for Blogger, ugh! I hope your photo glitch gets fixed. I've been on a few blogs where people stated they were having trouble uploading photos as Blogger wouldn't let them. Have you tried a different browser?

    Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete